The socio-economic problems of today call for a renewed spirit of co-operation at the workplace.
Skills of managers and workers need to be sharpened to ensure efficiency in the use of scarce
Globalization has brought in its wake competition, rapid technological changes, new opportunities
and challenges that have an impact on business in the management of labour relations.
Both Labour and Management recognize that new approaches are needed to deal with these
effects of globalization. Some of the areas where more attention must be directed to improve
the competitiveness of organizations include:
- Efficiency in the use of energy
- Elimination of waste to ensure cost-effectiveness
- Increased quality productivity
- Ensuring labour’s full participation in the affairs of the organization
- Negotiate both-gain agreement, and become a mediating organization.